The New York Rangers (20-14-1) hosted the Tampa Bay Lightning (19-10-5) at MSG tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
1050AM ESPN Radio, XM209Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 14-12-1, 2.46 gaa, .920 sv%, 5 so.
Dan Ellis - 9-5-5, 3.04 gaa, .882 sv%, 2 so Opponent Notes:
- The Lightning have been outscored 20-7 during a four-game losing streak at MSG.
- Tampa lost to the Islanders last night 2-1 in OT.
- Steven Stmakos is second in the league with 26 goals.
- Tampa Bay has allowed two or fewer goals in four consecutive games after allowing three or more in the previous nine games.
- In his last 11 games, Ryan Malone has five goals and 13 points.
- Vinny Lecavalier has not scored a goal in four games since returning from a 15-game absence caused by a broken hand, despite getting 20 shots on goal in that time.
- Dan Ellis, who will get a bulk of the playing time now that Mike Smith is out for two weeks with a knee sprain, has stopped 47 of 50 shots (.940 save percentage) in the last two games.2010-11 Season Series:
Nov. 24 Rangers 3, Lightning 5 at Tampa
Dec. 23 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
Jan. 1 Rangers vs. Lightning at Tampa
Feb. 27 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSGOpponent Blog:
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at