The New York Rangers (33-27-4, 70 pts., 7th in East) host the Buffalo Sabres (29-25-7, 65 pts., 9th in East) at MSG tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
970AM The Apple, XM206Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 25-21-4, 2.33 gaa, .922 sv%, 8 so.
Ryan Miller - 26-18-6, 2.66 gaa, .914 sv%, 3 so.Opponent Notes:
- Brad Boyes, who the Sabres picked up at the trade deadline yesterday from St. Louis, has three goals and one assist in his last five visits to Madison Square Garden. Boyes has 12 goals and 41 points in 62 games this season.
- The Sabres totaled just 12 goals on a 2-3-1 homestand, which concluded with a 3-2 shootout loss to Detroit on Saturday. However they were 2-0-1 over the last three games.
- Buffalo is ninth in the East, two points back of eighth-place Carolina and five behind the Rangers for seventh.
- The Sabres are in search of a new captain after current Captain Craig Rivet was claimed by the Columbus Blue Jackets off re-entry waivers Saturday.
- Mike Grier has scored in two straight games, after notching just one in his previous 42 games.
- Jochen Hecht has points in three straight games (1g, 2a).
- Derek Roy suffered a quad tear Dec. 23 that required season-ending surgery.2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 9 Rangers 6, Sabres 3 at Buffalo
Nov. 11 Rangers 3, Sabres 2 (OT) at MSG
March 1 Rangers vs. Sabres at MSG
March 30 Rangers vs. Sabres at BuffaloOpponent Blog:
Top Shelf Blog
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at