The New York Rangers (36-30-4, 76 pts., 8th in East) host the New York Islanders (27-32-11, 65 pts., 14th in East) at MSG tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
970AM The Apple, XM 205Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 28-24-4, 2.33 gaa, .921 sv%, 9 so.
Al Montoya - 7-2-3, 2.09 gaa, .926 sv%, 1 so. Opponent Notes:
- The Islanders are 4-0-2 in their last six and 22-14-6 in their last 42.
- Blake Comeau, who has three goals and three assists against the Rangers this season, has three goals in his last four games overall.
- John Tavares has just two goals in his last 10 games.
- Al Montoya is 4-0-2 with a 2.10 GAA in his last six games.
- Tavares (25), Matt Moulson (29) and rookie Michael Grabner (28) have all surpassed the 25 goal mark this season. The Rangers have zero 25 goal scorers.
- Rick DiPietro (facial fractures, knee swelling) has resumed practicing and hopes to return this season after being injured in a fight with Pittsburgh goalie Brent Johnson on Feb. 2.
- Mark Streit (left-shoulder surgery) has resumed practicing but will be out until at least mid-March after having a torn labrum and a torn rotator cuff repaired on Oct. 1.2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 11 Rangers 4, Islanders 6 at Uniondale
Dec. 2 Rangers 6, Islanders 5 at Uniondale
Dec. 3 Rangers 2, Islanders 0 at MSG
Dec. 27 Rangers 7, Islanders 2 at MSG
March 15 Rangers vs. Islanders at MSG
March 31 Rangers vs. Islanders at UniondaleOpponent Blog:
Islanders Hockey Blog
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at