The New York Rangers (38-30-4, 78 pts., 7th in East) visit the Pittsburgh Penguins (41-22-8, 90 pts., 4th in East) at CONSOL Energy Center today starting at 12:30 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
970AM The Apple, XM 205Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 30-24-4, 2.35 gaa, .920 sv%, 9 so.
Marc-Andre Fleury - 31-17-5, 2.35 gaa, .918 sv%, 2 so. Opponent Notes:
- The Penguins have won four of their last five games.
- The Penguins are 2-for-40 on the power play over their last 12 games.
- Chris Kunitz has two goals and three assists in four games.
- Former Ranger Alex Kovalev has just 1g, 1a in the 9 games since being traded to the Penguins from Ottawa.
- Sidney Crosby remains out of the lineup indefinitely with a concussion. The team has not released any information regarding a timetable for Crosby returning because, simply, there isn't one. He has resumed skating.
- C Evgeni Malkin is off crutches and is almost a month removed from surgery to repair the torn ACL and MCL in his right knee.
- D Brooks Orpik is out at least one more week because of a broken finger.2010-11 Season Series:
Nov. 15 Rangers 3, Penguins 2 (OT) at Pittsburgh
Nov. 29 Rangers 1, Penguins 3 at MSG
Dec. 15 Rangers 4, Penguins 1 at Pittsburgh
Feb. 1 Rangers 3 vs. Penguins 4 (SO) at MSG
Feb. 13 Rangers 5 vs. Penguins 3 at MSG
March 20 Rangers vs. Penguins at PittsburghOpponent Blog:
The Pens Blog
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at