Update, 5:45 p.m.:
John Tortorella says Ryan McDonagh's knee is not bad as expected
and he is day to day.
Torts also reports that Marian Gaborik (concussion) skated for a third straight day
and "up to this point" today, there have been no symptoms.Original Post:
The New York Rangers (33-29-4, 70 pts., 8th in East) visit the Ottawa Senators (22-33-9, 53 pts., 15th in East) at Scotiabank Place tonight starting at 7:30 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
970AM The Apple, XM205Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 25-23-4, 2.36 gaa, .920 sv%, 8 so.
Craig Anderson - 4-2-0, 1.16 gaa, .966 sv%, 1 so. (Does not include #s with Col.)Opponent Notes:
- The Senators have won four of six.
- Craig Anderson 4-1-1 with a 1.48 GAA and one shutout against the Rangers.
- Jason Spezza has five goals and eight assists in 12 career home meetings vs. the Rangers. However, he is pointless in his last two games overall.
- Sergie Gonchar has just six goals, 17 assists and a minus-15 mark in his first season with Ottawa.
- D Erik Karlsson has a league worst minus-32
- Daniel Alfredsson (back) has missed 10 consecutive games. He is out indefinitely.2010-11 Season Series:
Dec. 5 Rangers 1, Senators 3 at MSG
Dec. 9 Rangers 5, Senators 3 at Ottawa
March 4 Rangers vs. Senators at Ottawa
March 24 Rangers vs. Senators at MSGOpponent Blog:
The 6th Sens
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at