The New York Rangers (41-31-5, 87 pts., 8th in East) visit the New York Islanders (29-36-12, 70 pts., 14th in East) at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
1050AM ESPN Radio, XM 205 Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 33-25-5, 2.22 gaa, .924 sv%, 11 so.
Al Montoya - 8-4-4, 2.35 gaa, .923 sv%, 1 so. Opponent Notes:
- Islanders leading goal scorer Michael Grabner (31g) will miss his second straight game because of the impending birth of his child.
- Frans Nielsen has six points (4g, 2a) in his last six games.
- Matt Moulson has three goals and four assists in the five meetings with the Rangers this season.
- John Tavares leads the Islanders with 61 points (27g, 34a).
- The Islanders have lost eight of the last 10 meetings against the Rangers at Nassau Coliseum.
- The Islanders will not reach the playoffs for the fourth consecutive season.
- Mark Streit (left shoulder surgery) will miss the entire season after having a torn labrum and a torn rotator cuff repaired on Oct. 1.2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 11 Rangers 4, Islanders 6 at Uniondale
Dec. 2 Rangers 6, Islanders 5 at Uniondale
Dec. 3 Rangers 2, Islanders 0 at MSG
Dec. 27 Rangers 7, Islanders 2 at MSG
March 15 Rangers 6, Islanders 3 at MSG
March 31 Rangers vs. Islanders at UniondaleOpponent Blog:
Islanders Hockey Blog
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at