The New York Rangers visit the Washington Capitals in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series at the Verizon Center starting at 7:30 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
MSG Plus; Radio:
1050AM ESPN Radio, XM 205 Probable Lines:
Henrik Lundqvist - 36-27-5, 2.28 gaa, .923 sv%, 11 so.
Michal Neuvirth - 27-12-4, 2.45 gaa, .914 sv%, 4 so. Opponent Notes:
- Washington won 16 of its last 20 regular season games (16-3-1).
- Alex Ovechkin finished the season with 32 goals, down from 50 last year. Nicklas Backstrom dipped from 33 to 18. Alexander Semin from 40 to 28. Brooks Laich from 25 to 16.
- The Capitals' penalty kill improved from 25th in the league last season to No. 2 in 2010-11.
- Mike Green (concussion) expects to play tonight for the first time since Feb. 25th.
- Jason Arnott has 4g, 3a in 11 games since being acquired from the Devils at the trade deadline.
- Michael Neuvirth was 1-1-0 with a 4.50 gaa and .839 sv% against the Rangers this season.2010-11 Season Series:
Nov. 9 Rangers 3, Capitals 5 at MSG
Dec. 12 Rangers 7, Capitals 0 at MSG
Jan. 24 Rangers 2, Capitals 1 (SO) at Washington
Feb. 25 Rangers 6, Capitals 0 at WashingtonOpponent Blog:
Rock the Red
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at