The New York Rangers (26-17-3) host the Philadelphia Flyers (28-11-5) at MSG tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to
. Rangers Game Notes TV:
970AM The Apple, XM206Probable Lines:
Martin Biron - 7-3-0, 2.26 gaa, .919 sv%, 0 so.
Brian Boucher - 10-5-2, 2.45 gaa, .914 sv%, 0 so Opponent Notes:
- Danny Briere has goals in five straight games, totaling six and four assists during that span. Briere also has 10 goals in 14 games at MSG, scoring once in each of his last four visits.
- The Flyers are 6-3-0 in their last nine.
- Philadelphia has dropped four of its last five visits to New York.
- The Flyers rank 21st on the power play at 16.8 percent and 17th on the penalty kill at 82 percent.
- Former Ranger Jody Shelley scored his second goal of the season in the Flyers win over the Thrashers Friday night.
- Chris Pronger had Dec. 17 surgery to repair a broken bone in his right foot. He is skating with the team and could return by Jan. 20.
2010-11 Season Series:
Nov. 4 Rangers 1, Flyers 4 at Philadelphia
Dec. 18 Rangers 1,. Flyers 4 at Philadelphia
Jan. 16 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
Feb. 20 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
March 6 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
April 3 Rangers vs. Flyers at PhiladelphiaOpponent Blog:
The 700 Level
Remember to follow me on Twitter
or e-mail me at