The New York Rangers (24-21-3) host the Detroit Red Wings (20-16-10) at Madison Square Garden starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG 2 Radio: The Answer (970 AM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist- 15-17-3, 2.66 gaa, .911 sv%, 2 so
Jimmy Howard - 8-10-8, 2.67 gaa, .913 sv%, 2 so
- Detroit has been shut out three times while averaging 2.13 goals during a 5-8-3 span.
- The Red Wings are 0 for their last 21 on the power play.
- Jimmy Howard is expected to return in goal tonight after missing Sunday night's game with a hip injury.
- Tonight, Detroit is expected to again be without Pavel Datsyuk (lower body), Daniel Alfredsson (back spasms), Johan Franzen (concussion), Darren Helm (groin), Stephen Weiss (groin), Joakim Andersson (lower-body) and Jonathan Ericsson (ribs). Tomas Tatar will also miss tonight's game due to the death of his father.
- Henrik Zetterberg is pointless in his last three games with a minus-4 rating. However, he has two goals and three assists in his last three visits to the Garden.
- Niklas Kronwall is pointless in his last five games.
- Tomas Jurco (2g, 1a in seven games with the Red Wings this season) has been recalled from the AHL for the game.
- Todd Bertuzzi has just one point (an assist) in the last 14 games.
- This has nothing to do with Rangers/Red Wings, but it'll be sure to pump you up for tonight's game (courtesy of the great AJ Castiglia)...
2013-14 Season Series:
Oct. 26 Rangers 3, Red Wings 2, OT at Detroit
Jan. 16 Rangers vs. Red Wings at MSG
Mar. 9 Rangers vs. Red Wings at MSG
Nightmare on Helm Street
Doesn't bother me one bit if fourth liners don't score much as long as they play a physical game and don't have a lop sided plus/minus.But watching Stepan is just annoying me no end. Maybe a few games on the bench with Miller on ice will do for him what it did for Zuc and Pouliot. BTW, Ovie who has 32? goals is minus17!
update for everyone: http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2013-14-players/dan-girardi/dan-girardi-contract/buzz-the-rangers-are-telling-teams-that-they-wont-trade-dan-girardi-and-will-sign-him/ looks like Girardi is going to be here for awhile. Very surprised to here the Rangers would sign Girardi before Calllahan. Almost makes me think Cally stated what he wants and the Rangers said unless you come down closer to this have fun in free agency/trade
They're talking about the 67 16 36 line name. I'm sticking by the 2 men and a baby line. Ok goodnight for real this time nerds.
Probably missing Saturday's game (daughter's VB tourney) - may be checking in on my phone. I'll give you back the squirrel, Joe!
I have been thinking of picking up stadium series tickets, but now the price will probably go up further on stub hub! But I am totally okay with the reasoning for the increasing :)
HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK HANK
Thank you for the two points hockey gods... we need to start finishing soon. I would expect Talbot Saturday. LGR!!!
What a game and against Detroit! Even though we lost last game, it was still a great game too. Maybe we just didn't add enough gelatin or leave this team in the fridge long enough but they certainly have gelled now!
I would have jumped in my car and shot the ref if that went in. Icing would have killed us. Horrible call.
Re: Ovi's plus/minus - "Disconnect Controller Syndrome" is apparently still plaguing him....
just "Two and a half men" is the perfect line name
I just got 4 of the $189 tickets for the Wednesday game on the ticketmaster exchange for $100 each
@Snot-Bubbleri miss Sam...I think Sam's family misses Sam
Hey the Pens when depleted still looked amazing! The Wings didn't look bad tonight.
i just got out-squirreled
Cheers, Joe. Apologies. Very tense about tomorrow.