The New York Rangers (24-20-3) host the Tampa Bay Lightning (27-15-4) at Madison Square Garden starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG 2 Radio: The Answer (970 AM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist- 15-16-3, 2.68 gaa, .910 sv%, 2 so
Ben Bishop - 22-5-3, 1.86 gaa, .935 sv%, 4 so
- Tampa lost to Columbus by the score of 3-2 last night, but are 4-1-1 on the second night of back-to-backs this year.
- The Lightning have lost three straight at Madison Square Garden.
- Ben Bishop will be back in goal tonight after missing four games with a sprained wrist. In the 11 games prior to the injury, Bishop was 8-0-2 with a 1.54 GAA. Bishop has recorded shutouts in each of his last two meetings with the Rangers and is 4-0-0 with a .970 save percentage in four career appearances against them.
- Martin St. Louis has three goals, two assists in the last four games.
- Valtteri Filppula has 16 points (8g, 8a) in his last 14 games.
- Teddy Purcell has just one goal in the last 11 games, however, he does have nine assists in his last ten games.
- Alex Killorn has five points (2g, 3a) in the last four games.
- Tyler Johnson has points in eight of his last 10 games (4g, 4a).
- Victor Hedman has two goals, two assists in the last five games.
- Steven Stamkos has begun skating but remains out with a broken leg.
- Lighting up Ray Emery is one thing, but tonight should be a much taller (no pun intended) task for the Rangers with the 6' 7" Bishop back in net doing this...
2013-14 Season Series:
Nov. 25 Rangers 0, Lightning 5 at Tampa Bay
Dec. 29 Rangers 4, Lightning 3 at Tampa Bay
Jan. 14 Rangers vs. Lightning at MSG
the caps have been in 14 shootouts... they should be in last place (only 14 regulation wins). The shootout is the biggest joke in all of sports.
I know AV said Miller probably wont be recalled, but honestly I'd sit Step for a game and put Miller in his place. Stepan needs a reality check because he is bringing nothing to the table at the moment. I'm still baffled he made the Olympic team...
Wow what a pathetic effort as a whole... Step and Nash were ghosts and the second goal hank should have gotten, but the bottom line is that the Rangers looked like the team on the second night of a back to back!
it was a good game, rangers played well got a lot of opportunities…I'm not ready to start saying we have the old rangers back because they played good had a 10 second let down, old rangers barely got scoring chances lets be real
Ooooofa........ok boys and girls...have a good night...and always........a pleasure sharing the game with you all
not on Hank.... this is 100 percent on the Rangers not finishing... like fucking usual. At least we have our old Rangers back now. great goalie/No offense
I don't even want to see them win. They don't deserve it. I'd rather watch a team lose that deserved to win than a team win that deserved to lose. Too often the former is the case with this frustrating team.
Gutless coach...bench Nash and Stepan a few shifts until they are inspired to actually play hockey. Bums.
@AnnoyingJoe greek best show
@Bleed_the_freak my favorite type of goalie. Andre the Giant sized and an instigator.
Seriously? They played a pretty good game all around. Had a shitty 9 seconds that start on a bs call/flop and had some bad puck luck. And give me a break about the "rather watch a team lose that deserved to win" garbage. A win is a win. Theyve won 7 of their last 10 and got stopped by a great goalie performance tonight. Not the end of the world and definitely not a sign the team has gone off the rails.
Other than the second half of the 1st....this team's been flat....the letdown i was fearing from the Flyer's game. AV screwed the pooch in the 2nd...you had the lead going into the 2nd....had some momentum....4th line should have started...and come out banging.....and after the PP goal...4th line should have been sent out to recapture momentum.....
theyve won 7 of their last 10, i think