The New York Rangers (31-24-3) visit the Pittsburgh Penguins (40-15-2) at Consol Energy Center starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG 2 Radio: Bloomberg Radio (1130 AM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 21-18-3, 2.43 gaa, .919 sv%, 3 so
Marc-Andre Fleury - 31-13-1, 2.22 gaa, .918 sv%, 4 so
- The Penguins have won 16 of their last 17 games at home.
- Pittsburgh has won 10 of their last 12 against the Rangers, including five straight at home.
- Kris Letang will be out for at least six weeks because of a stroke he suffered last week.
- Sidney Crosby has scored 16 goals in 40 games against Lundqvist - his highest total against any goalie.
- Evgeni Malkin has 3g, 3a in the last four games.
- Chris Kunitz is pointless in his last three games.
- James Neal has four points (2g, 2a) in the last four games.
- Taylor Pyatt, who has two goals since being claimed by the Penguins from the Rangers, will miss tonight's game with a lower body injury.
- Since tough guy Deryk Engelland returned from a five-game suspension in late December, the Penguins are 13-1-1 when he's in the lineup, 0-2 when he's a healthy scratch.
- Easily one of my favorite Rangers/Penguins moments is when Lundqvist gets in Crosby's face after another one of his patented dives...
2013-14 Season Series:
Nov. 6 Rangers 5, Penguins 1 at MSG
Dec. 18 Rangers 3, Penguins 4, SO at MSG
Jan. 3 Rangers 2, Penguins 5 at Pittsburgh
Feb. 7 Rangers vs. Penguins at Pittsburgh
The Pens Blog
I've watched many Pens game this year, been trying to Gauge how the New AV System will matchup against the high-scoring pens.
Tonight just gave a HUGE confidence boost to the Players, Organizations, and Fans for AV's system. I truly despise the Pens and can't wait for the playoffs when our beloved Blueshirts pass over the Pens 4games-to-2. I believe 1 or 2 trades can make the boys in blue a serious contender... and at least get to conference finals!!!
May not be better than the Pens statistically, but we're proving we can hang with them in a 7 game series.
Staal is back.Girardi played good. Zuccarello-Brassard-Pouliot are brilliant consistantly. Zuc is awesome as we know .Nice game by Pouliot.Super goal by Ritchie..
Proud of Pouilot. He really took the coaching to heart. Remember AV's comments about him being on a few teams and running out of time? BAM. He turned it around.
Worst time for the break. Hoping that Dick Rash gets going and comes back, also hoping that Cally and his agent stop taking Heroin every night and realize that they aren't worth anything close to what they are asking for and accept 5.5 mill 5 years.Last is that Stepan gets contacts and realizes he has to hit the net to score. OK later boys...
If they had won last night they would have been TIED FOR THIRD IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE!!!! Fucking a
ill take it... Dominated the Pens 5 on 5 for 58 minutes. Not so easy to do especially on their ice. Enjoy the break boys. Stay healthy... O and you delinquents too.
@DominickAndreula and also have G signed
I agree. If we suck after the break I will be petitioning for only allowing amateurs in the Olympics.
@Say my Name think i messed up. Told my wife i want her boobs to look like this and want her to get this shirt. TO much?