The New York Rangers (1-1-0) visit the San Jose Sharks (2-0-0) at the SAP Center starting at 10:30 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG Radio: ESPN Radio (970AM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 1-1-0, 2.50 gaa, .918 sv%, 0 so
Antti Niemi - 2-0-0, 1.00 gaa, .956 sv%, 0 so
- Rookie center Tomas Hertl - the 17th overall pick in the 2012 draft - scored his first two career goals in the first period Saturday against the Coyotes.
- Joe Thornton has tallied 31 points in 30 career games against the Rangers.
- Speaking of Thornton, wonder if we'll get this response from him if the Rangers spank the Sharks the way they did back in 2011...
- The Sharks are just 3-10-1 with two ties all-time at home versus New York.
- Logan Couture (1g, 2a), Hertl (2g, 1a) and Marc-Edouard Vlasic (3a) are tied for the team lead with three points.
- Tommy Wingels has 11 hits and 7 blocked shots in the first two games of the season.
2013-14 Season Series:
Oct. 8 Rangers vs. Sharks at San Jose
Mar 16 Rangers vs. Sharks at MSG
Fear the Fin
from larry brooks on twitter
nash:"i have a headache. it got worse. it was a head shot. im concerned the way it feels."
well, let's use this as a learning experience...it's only the 3rd game of the season. it's a wake up call for the whole team. time to get our shit together!
Remember the pendulum thing Kevin had last year... this is equal to a nuclear bomb going off and keying a rebuild
you wonder why the team has no emotion look at vigneault he doesnt say a word just sucks on his candy
This is a train wreck. I am not even watching, but seeing the box score. Torts would have never let this happen...
@IcyCup That is the worst news I could have thought of... you can tell just from the phrases he is fucked up in the head
@Dillon Has A Raging Beauner kevin picked a good night to skip...
@JustinRP37 2009 vs dallas. i think they scored 10.
@JustinRP37 last game i can remember that was this bad was the one we had a 5-0 lead and lost 6-5.... but thats a different kind of bad... at least we played half a game
@Dillon Has A Raging Beauner Listen man, I creeped on you cause you came out of nowhere, but I have so much respect for you for posting the gif of Dragon Dragon being beheaded
But if you're trying to make the comment section mad or rub it in, I'm afraid they beat you to that like 6 goals ago
@Dillon Has A Raging Beauner he learned it from Malik
@cb1 yep, only counts as one loss
@Free Lindberg That contract!!!! Oh that CONTRACT!!!
@Free Lindberg gonna bite us in the ass for years
@NYR44 Who's Brad Richards ? Well we basically swapped teams... And coaches. And probably scouts. Come to think of it last year I think I saw the same beer guy at MSG that I went to in CBus when I had partial season tickets...
@NYR44 Who's Brad Richards ? THE CURSE OF RICK NASH
@IcyCup pull biron for souvenier foam hand
@cb1 suspendable hit
@Free Lindberg i was wondering about that about what now seems like 8 hours ago LOL.
@Free Lindberg i agree, he has sucked. but the whole team has sucked, it's not on biron.