If you're going to the game today, Hudson Station Bar & Grill, 35th & 9th Avenue, NY, NY, will be hosting a pre and post game party for Rangers fans. Free drink with your ticket.
The New York Rangers (13-13-0) host the Vancouver Canucks (13-9-5) at Madison Square Garden starting at 2:00 p.m. For a preview, visit Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM)
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Cam Talbot - 5-1-0, 1.41 gaa, .944 sv%, 2 so
Roberto Luongo - 11-7-5, 2.32 gaa, .915 sv%, 2 so
...AV wasn't happy with the team's effort yesterday, so I'm not surprised to see the lineup changes. Although, after Staal's performance, I thought for sure he'd be sitting today.
- Vancouver is 2-4-3 in their last nine games and haven't recorded back-to-back victories since a four-game run Oct. 22-28. They defeated the Senators 5-2 on Thursday.
- Though the clubs haven't met since Oct. 18, 2011, the Rangers have outscored the Canucks 5-0 while winning the last two meetings.
- Daniel Sedin has seven points (2g, 5a) in the last four games
- Henrik Sedin has seven points (4g, 3a) in his last seven games.
- Ryan Kesler has just one goal in his last 10 games.
- Former Ranger Dale Weise has three points (1g, 2a) in his last four games.
- Alexander Edler leads the Canucks with 62 blocked shots (7th in the NHL).
- Vancouver is 27th in the NHL on the power with just a 12.4% success rate.
- Vancouver has the NHL's best penalty kill with a 89.9% success rate.
- Obviously with John Tortorella's return to New York, I had to post his best post game confrontation with Mr. Larry Brooks...
- Also, here's everyone's favorite Torts mash-up...
2013-14 Season Series:
Nov. 30 Rangers vs. Canucks at MSG
April 1 Rangers vs. Canucks at Vancouver
Kreider hat trick and two power play goals. Torts probably just tortured Edler in the locker room to relieve some of his anger before meeting with the press.
Assuming Torts post game presser will look like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqcTlsTfrKo&feature=youtube_gdata_player
boyle.....anywho...Torts presser will be a gas. LOL LGR!
If Boyle knew how to fight he could do some serious damage. Hire someone to teach him how to throw down.
Why is Boyle such a friggin pussy??? I get embarrassed just WATCHING the guy in a fight. Its terrible, dammit.
Maybe you're right, @Say my Name ... in any case, looking at the aftermath, a couple Rangers seemed to take exception to the comment
Alright blue few I'm out! Great game. Great talk. Hitting the gym. I'm gonna join the Rangers and teach them how to be tough. May have my ass kicked, but I'll throw down and stick up for my teammates. Peace out!
John Moore had a couple good fights. Of course he was watching tonight. I also think he fought mostly to help earn him a spot.
Gotta get an enforcer. Absolutely love Dorsett's heart but dang, he can't keep fighting guys a foot taller than him...
@Kevin DeLury classic
@AnnoyingJoe I can't wait
@dylonergan I thought he was already a student at the "Aaron Voros School of Fighting"?
@dylonergan He'd also make about double what he makes now. It is financially a smart move for him to learn. Don't know why he doesn't
@johnpnj Pussy, no. Inept....er...yep. Lol....only the Rangers could have a gentle giant.
@adiroma94 Dude he doesn't even throw punches!
Seriously, how much more money a year would Boyle make on the open market if the guy could throw down?
@jslnyr1102 Agreed. You can play with this kid.
@AG_Blue hopefully his seat on the pine today wakes him up
@adiroma94 not even an enforce, just guys willing to fight. Rangers have no backbone. One guy does not a tough team make. Step up divas!!
Ulf wasn't much of a fighter. More an agitator/cheap shot artist. They should bring in Joe Kocur as a fighting coach.
In both fights he was taking fists to the face before he even got his second glove off. Guy needs some pointers. Can't Ulf show him the ropes?