The New York Rangers host the Washington Capitals at Madison Square Garden for Game 4 of their Eastern Conference Quarterfinals match-up starting at 7:30 p.m. The Capitals lead the series 2-1. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
Rangers Game Notes
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio (98.7 FM), XM 212
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 1-2, 2.26 gaa, .929 sv%, 0 so.
Braden Holtby - 2-1, 1.61 gaa, .944 sv%, 1 so
- Mike Green leads the Capitals in points with three (2g, 1a).
- Ovechkin has one goal on 14 shots in the series.
- Troy Brouwer, Martin Erat, Eric Fehr and Matt Hendricks have combined for zero points in the first three games.
- After combining for 10 blocked shots in the first two games, John Carlson had just two in Game 3.
- the Capitals are 2-for-10 on the power play in the first three games.
- Washington is 13-for-14 (92.3%) on the penalty kill in the series.
- The Capitals have lost four of the six series that they've taken a 2-0 lead in since the NHL went to the best of seven format back in 1987. They are 0-7 all-time in Game 3s when leading 2-0 in best-of-seven and then 3-3 in the Game 4s that follow.
Rangers-Capitals Series Schedule:
May 2 Rangers 1, Washington 3
May 4 Rangers 0, Washington 1, OT
May 6 Rangers 4, Washington 3
May 8 Rangers vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
May 10 Rangers at Washington, 7:30 p.m.*
May 12 Rangers vs. Washington, TBA*
May 13 Rangers at Washington, TBA*
* -- if necessary
Rock the Red
Something is up with Nash. I think his injury last game is affecting him. He is not even battling and looks slow.
This was the best we've looked in a while. Hank lets in a few softies and we still got the win. I'm not worried about him, he will be good to go. If we can get Nash going, we can do some damage.
Holtby is such a punk. It makes me sick that a jerk like that can even be mentioned in the same breath as Hank. I need to hit something!
This team... remember i said it. If they won game 3 they come back, but they need to win friday... big game
thoroughly enjoyed that. played with some confidence. if hank plays like his normal self, we win that one 4-1
Hank worries me with those softies. Most of our playoff exits come on those softies. If he wants a Cup he needs to batten down the hatches!
@GLENsatherVSglennDANZIG hit the bong, not the walls. cheaper.
@AnnoyingJoe stop with the flattery... you're making me blush...
@cb1 Nice to see the team pick up Hank for once.
@Josh6 Serve held.
@Josh6 that one year when Dubinsky scored all his 20 goals on empty netters...
@Rex_Havok read it...
@Dminches your right, they would be waiting for their opponent :P
@JustinRP37 Exactly. The Caps are keying on him. Others have to make up for it.