The New York Rangers (13-12-2) host the Carolina Hurricanes (15-11-1) at Madison Square Garden starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio (97.8 FM), XM 212
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 11-11-1, 2.30 gaa, .919 sv%, 0 so.
Dan Ellis - 4-3-0, 2.67 gaa, .917 sv%, 1 so
- The Hurricanes have lost just three times in their last nine games.
- Carolina is 13 for 100 on the power play this season.
- Eric Staal has points in eight of his last nine games. He is also a +20 this season after ending last year with a -20.
- Alexander Semin has 15 points (4g, 11a) in his last nine games.
- Jordan Staal has just one goal in his last six games.
- Jeff Skinner has just one goal in his last eight games.
- Former Rangers 2006 first round pick Bobby Sanguinetti has 1g, 3a and is a -3 for the Hurricanes this season. He did miss the Hurricanes last game against the Lightning after taking a tough hit the game before. He is questionable for tonight.
- Cam Ward is out 6-8 weeks due to a strained MCL.
2013 Season Series:
March 18 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at MSG
April 6 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at Carolina
April 25 Rangers vs. Hurricanes at Carolina
2 points is 2 points....played a much better game tonight. still lots of work to do, but have to be pleased to get off the schnide
@slapshot13j I think he just lost the puck and then had to shoot at the last minute. Either way, nice goal.
@slapshot13j -- despite all your expectations, we won ... dream of puppy dogs and rainbows tonight
@slapshot13j Dial it back dude. It isn't a video game.
@slapshot13j -- blame ... when we finally cobbled together a win ... enjoy your season
@AG_Blue we also gave them a point. And yes we got the win, but how many nights is 1 goal in regulation going to get us 2 points or even 1
that McD chance reminded me of Leetch in game 7 of the finals in 94. Except that leetch burried it and Mac whiffed.
Regardless of the outcome, this is a less than inspiring game. Another 1 goal game, and still completely incapable of putting the puck in the net. The first line, with the big 3, did not create that many scoring opportunities 4 or 5 maximum. And when they did have them they couldn't Finish. Nash has got to finish on that breakaway. The Rangers better figure out how to score, and soon or they are in trouble...
@slapshot13j -- i disagree. i thought a lot of guys showed a good effort. i don't know why they can't finish, but they have taken it up a notch.
The fact is, if Hank has to hold teams to 1 goal every night just to get to OT the Rangers are not going anywhere, in fact may finish 12th or lower
glad Lundquist is on board ... it definitely has been a difficult for him this year. i think it's fair to blame the lockout more than Lunkies going "Hollywood"