The New York Rangers (2-3-0) host the Philadelphia Flyers (2-4-0) at MSG starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio (FM 98.7), XM 213
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 2-3-0, 3.14 gaa, .893 sv%, 0 so.
Ilya Bryzgalov - 2-3-0, 2.22 gaa, .923 sv%, 0 so
- Matt Read leads Philadelphia with three goals and is tied with Claude Giroux and Wayne Simmons for the team lead in points with four.
- Luke Schenn leads the Flyers with 19 hits.
- Former Ranger Ruslan Fedotenko has 1g, 1a this season..
- Another former Ranger Mike Knuble has one assist in the two games since signing with the Flyers last week.
- Daniel Briere is pointless in the two games since returning from a broken wrist.
- Scott Hartnell is out four to eight weeks with a broken fourth metatarsal in his left foot.
- Andrej Meszaros is expected to miss at least a month with a shoulder injury.
- Zac Rinaldo has missed the last three games with a lacerated leg, but is likely to return tonight.
- The Flyers have given up an NHL worst nine power play goals against. They have also allowed a short handed goal against.
2013 Season Series:
Jan. 24 Rangers 1 vs. Flyers 2 at Philadelphia
Jan. 29 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
Mar. 5 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
Mar. 26 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
April 16 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
This is the series that most effects my personal life so a win against the Flyers is always sweet. I can't wait to watch the game tape.
Am I in a parallel universe? 2 flyers games with no snarl, Bryzgalov playing well and Talbot showing some class by not taking advantage of an injured player? I cant handle this Im going to bed
FUCK. There goes Callahan. Gotta hope there's nothing torn, or else that could be his season. FUUUUCCCKKKK.
I won't be able to watch tonight's game but I hope they can keep up the pace they set in the 2nd and 3rd against the Leafs. LET'S DO THIS!!!
@AnnoyingJoe Let's hope it's a sign of things to come. Not the Isles part. If only they could both lose. :(
@NH_NYR_88 It's the old Ranger's Victory Song:
The "Rangers Victory Song" was written in 1940 by J. Fred Coots in tribute to the team that finished the 1939-40 season as Stanley Cup champions. He officially dedicated the song to "Lester Patrick and the New York Rangers."
@AnnoyingJoe -- penalties and all ... low scoring and hangin tough
@NH_NYR_88 -- sounds like Torts wants to get him a brain first
@cb1 Thankfully it's not 2010 and this team could grind though an injury to Callahan. I hope it's minor ad he's back next week.... Come on hockey gods!
@Beckfan5 need to get rid of rupp
@DuPont_Snotty I know that song, but I thought I heard something else in place of where they've been playing flo-rida's terrible re-mix of an avicii song for the past year or so. I don't think it was the full version of the classic victory song. Is there something new?
@NH_NYR_88 -- “I focus on the dumbness of Hagelin,” Tortorella said. “He played a hell of a game but that’s all washed off from dumbness.”
@DuPont_Snotty @NH_NYR_88 missed that by a couple of years. Just barely remember Gordon and Chadwick. Great stuff!
@NH_NYR_88 I'm not sure I heard it (caught the game on a stream) - I thought it was new this year that they were playing the '40s tune after games
@chrisD I dislocated my left shoulder 4 months ago and ya 4 to 6 weeks until I could operate but it's taken until like a week ago until I could be completely comfortable. But I'm sure with 24/7 medical attention he'll be back to normal within the normal time frame. He should talk to Ray Lewis about that deer antler spray haha
@GLENsatherVSglennDANZIG dislocated left shoulder 4-6 if no surgery but he'll be severely limited - a big part of his game is banging along the boards - hard to do with a completely f'd shoulder. Wish someone had gone after Talbot but that's asking too much
@NH_NYR_88 @cb1 ugh that could be a couple months. But at least we have Kreider in our back pocket an Miller hopefully ready to fill a grinders role. But still...SUUUUUUCKS!!!