The New York Rangers (2-3-0) host the Philadelphia Flyers (2-4-0) at MSG starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio (FM 98.7), XM 213
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 2-3-0, 3.14 gaa, .893 sv%, 0 so.
Ilya Bryzgalov - 2-3-0, 2.22 gaa, .923 sv%, 0 so
- Matt Read leads Philadelphia with three goals and is tied with Claude Giroux and Wayne Simmons for the team lead in points with four.
- Luke Schenn leads the Flyers with 19 hits.
- Former Ranger Ruslan Fedotenko has 1g, 1a this season..
- Another former Ranger Mike Knuble has one assist in the two games since signing with the Flyers last week.
- Daniel Briere is pointless in the two games since returning from a broken wrist.
- Scott Hartnell is out four to eight weeks with a broken fourth metatarsal in his left foot.
- Andrej Meszaros is expected to miss at least a month with a shoulder injury.
- Zac Rinaldo has missed the last three games with a lacerated leg, but is likely to return tonight.
- The Flyers have given up an NHL worst nine power play goals against. They have also allowed a short handed goal against.
2013 Season Series:
Jan. 24 Rangers 1 vs. Flyers 2 at Philadelphia
Jan. 29 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
Mar. 5 Rangers vs. Flyers at MSG
Mar. 26 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
April 16 Rangers vs. Flyers at Philadelphia
@AnnoyingJoe Let's hope it's a sign of things to come. Not the Isles part. If only they could both lose. :(
This is the series that most effects my personal life so a win against the Flyers is always sweet. I can't wait to watch the game tape.
Am I in a parallel universe? 2 flyers games with no snarl, Bryzgalov playing well and Talbot showing some class by not taking advantage of an injured player? I cant handle this Im going to bed
@NH_NYR_88 It's the old Ranger's Victory Song:
The "Rangers Victory Song" was written in 1940 by J. Fred Coots in tribute to the team that finished the 1939-40 season as Stanley Cup champions. He officially dedicated the song to "Lester Patrick and the New York Rangers."
@DuPont_Snotty I know that song, but I thought I heard something else in place of where they've been playing flo-rida's terrible re-mix of an avicii song for the past year or so. I don't think it was the full version of the classic victory song. Is there something new?
@DuPont_Snotty @NH_NYR_88 missed that by a couple of years. Just barely remember Gordon and Chadwick. Great stuff!
@NH_NYR_88 I'm not sure I heard it (caught the game on a stream) - I thought it was new this year that they were playing the '40s tune after games
FUCK. There goes Callahan. Gotta hope there's nothing torn, or else that could be his season. FUUUUCCCKKKK.
@cb1 Thankfully it's not 2010 and this team could grind though an injury to Callahan. I hope it's minor ad he's back next week.... Come on hockey gods!
@chrisD I dislocated my left shoulder 4 months ago and ya 4 to 6 weeks until I could operate but it's taken until like a week ago until I could be completely comfortable. But I'm sure with 24/7 medical attention he'll be back to normal within the normal time frame. He should talk to Ray Lewis about that deer antler spray haha
@GLENsatherVSglennDANZIG dislocated left shoulder 4-6 if no surgery but he'll be severely limited - a big part of his game is banging along the boards - hard to do with a completely f'd shoulder. Wish someone had gone after Talbot but that's asking too much
@NH_NYR_88 @cb1 ugh that could be a couple months. But at least we have Kreider in our back pocket an Miller hopefully ready to fill a grinders role. But still...SUUUUUUCKS!!!
I won't be able to watch tonight's game but I hope they can keep up the pace they set in the 2nd and 3rd against the Leafs. LET'S DO THIS!!!