...i hate to say it, but Torts sounded like a man with no answers. Which is the most concerning.
...he needs to figure out why this team isn't scoring on the power play and why they're not standing up for each other and figure it out now.
...for those of you thinking that Torts needs to be fired, ain't happening. It's only 17 games into the season and he just guided the team to the Eastern Conference Finals less than a year ago. His seat will only get warm if they miss the playoffs. And Lindy Ruff? C'mon folks, we're not thinking straight. In his 14+ years coaching in Buffalo they missed the playoffs almost half the time and he didn't guide them to a Cup.
Here's the players thoughts...
You can also watch videos at Blueshirts United.
Torts's pressers are just straight annoying to watch this season. It used to be gimmicky if not fun, but now he's a rude douche with no answers.
@TheNYRBlog I think it might be time to add another assistant to the mix for new ideas cause the current staff is LOST!!! #NYR
@TheNYRBlog In my opinion Torts is not the problem. They have alot of new faces this year and Now with the injuries, it takes time to mesh
There are so many issues with this team now. Here's just five of them.
1. One goal in the last three games? Can't blame that on Nash being out of the lineup. This team needs to score. Period.
2. Remember the days when the Rangers would back each other up physically? This all began a few years ago when Gaborik fought Carcillo and Girardi sat there and watched. This isn't Kitty Genovese here people. Stick up for your teammates.
3. Injuries are killing this team, but it shouldn't completely destroy them. Look at Ottawa.
4. I am all for bringing in Leetch or anyone to help with the PP. It's embarrassing.
5. Torts needs to find a good mix of lines and stick with them.
In defense of Ruff, he had a limited budget in Buffalo and spent most of his tenure with really young players. Sabres would never go out and get a UFA that would help the team. He did a decent job with what he had. I'm not saying to bring him here, just really frustrated.
@TheNYRBlog Surely the aggressive blue-collar stand-up for each other style is Torts' philosophy. So why the lack thereof this season?
I know Torts will not be fired and he shouldn't be for the reasons you gave, Kevin. However, he also talks about accountability. Let's apply that to the coaching staff. There need to be changes, starting with Sullivan or the hiring of some fresh faces to bring a new perspective... someone from Europe to run the PP.
@TheNYRBlog I saw someone mention bringing in Leetch as a coach for special team (pp obv) I like it. Your thoughts?
@TheNYRBlog firing a coach that bases an entire season on training camp (unless you're sean avery) isn't practical. bad situation all around