Update, 5:12 p.m.:
#NYR announce Asham (back spasms), Nash (undisclosed), Del Zotto (lower body) and McDonagh (undisclosed) out tonight. Lundqvist in net.— Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) February 26, 2013
...assuming this means that Bickel slides to defense and Kreider is in.
...Bickel and Eminger on defense? Not good.
The New York Rangers (8-7-2) host the Winnipeg Jets (8-9-1) at MSG starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio (FM 98.7), XM 212
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 7-6-1, 2.28 gaa, .918 sv%, 0 so.
Ondrej Pavelec - 6-9-1, 2.98 gaa, .898 sv%, 0 so
- Winnipeg has won three out of their last four games.
- Andrew Ladd has five points (3g, 2a) in his last four games. He also leads the Jets in goals (10) and points (17).
- Blake Wheeler has five points (2g, 3a) in his last three games.
- Evander Kane has registered a point in seven straight games (4g, 3a). He also has goals in three straight games.
- Tobias Enstrom hasn't played since February 15th due to shoulder injury.
- Dustin Byfuglien has gone eight straight games without a goal. He left the Jets last game with a lower body injury, but will be in the line-up tonight.
- Winnipeg has the worst penalty kill in the NHL with a 69% success rate.
2013 Season Series:
Feb. 26 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
March 14 Rangers vs. Jets at Winnipeg
April 1 Rangers vs. Jets at MSG
Arctic Ice Hockey
I know they lost but that was the most fight I've seen from this Rangers team all year. Third period resembled a lot of what we saw last season.
Man, I know Hank hasn't been up to his usual standards, but I will not turn on that dude. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I know for a fact he'll be back on his game before we know it.
Bickel did a good job tonight. Mashinter (your boy) on the other hand, needs some work. Why can't we call up McIllrath?
@kingmessier yeah. i cant watch it and then gain a basis of comparison for what good hockey is. too crushing. this isnt a team we have here. it's a bunch of co-workers.
After you accept that the Rangers team that's been on the ice these past few games, including tonight, cannot compete in the NHL, there are some positives you can take from it. Like, it IS possible for them to score more than 2 goals in a single game.
@AG_Blue To bad Hollywood was outplayed yet again by the opposing netminder. How many times did that happen last year?
what was sully drawing on his diagram board there? could it be this?
If this holds up, another game where the oppossing goaltender outplayed Henrik "Hollywood" Lundqvist...
Eh, my reaction to that last goal was just "whatever." This is still bad. 4 goals given up to the Winnipeg Jobbers? Blech.
could have been 3-3, man what has happened to Hank... Now this game is on him and he knows it... he better not let another one in, or they are gonna be calling for his head...
if i hear in the post game from torts that "this team has lost their SWAGGER" or that word in ANY sentence im gonna hang myself.