The New York Rangers (7-5-1) host the Washington Capitals (5-8-1) at MSG starting at 6:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
TV: NBC SPorts Network; Radio: ESPN Radio (FM 98.7), XM 212
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 6-5-0, 2.48 gaa, .913 sv%, 0 so.
Braden Holtby - 4-4-0, 3.90 gaa, .877 sv%, 1 so
- The Capitals have won three straight after starting 2-8-1. They have scored 15 goals in those three games.
- Alex Ovechkin has seven points (3g, 4a) in the last six games.
- Mike Ribeiro has nine points (4g, 5a) in the last six games.
- Nicklas Backstrom has just one goal this season, but has tallied three assists in the last two games.
- Eric Fehr has three goals in his last two games, while Troy Brouwer has four in his last three.
- Former Ranger Wojtek Wolski has 2g, 2a on the season. While another former Ranger Tom Poti is goalless in five games with one assist and a -4.
- Mike Green is out tonight.
2013 Season Series:
Feb. 17 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSG
March 10 Rangers vs. Capitals at Washington
March 24 Rangers vs. Capitals at MSG
Looks like the Rangers weren't quite as good on faceoffs tonight:
Richards, 7 of 15 (47&); Stepan 9 of 20 (45%); Boyle, 9 of 18 (50%); Halpern 2 for 2 (100%)
I had to miss the game, but super psyched for the win. I've read about it, and I await the highlight videos. Glad Stepan managed to net one again, and amazed at the unique game Hagelin is putting together. Sounds like Nash was pretty good tonight, right? What else did I miss?
Seems like we go into a shell in the last 5 every time we have a lead. Other than that and the first minute hard fought game, and the pp looked better today, actually moved the puck in the third
@GLENsatherVSglennDANZIG he is standing on his head, but if we keep getting opportunities they will start to go in. Hopefully.
This comment has been deleted