Rangers Game Notes
TV: MSG; Radio: ESPN Radio 1050AM, XM 213
Live Stream (Don't click on ads in stream, may download virus):
Henrik Lundqvist - 30-12-4, 1.75 gaa, .940 sv%, 8 so.
Mathieu Garon - 21-16-4, 2.85 gaa, .900 sv%, 1 so
- The Lightning have won two straight overall, but have lost their last three vs. the Rangers.
For more game notes click the "Read More" tab below.
- Tampa is 19-9-2 at home this season, winning four in a row at the Times Forum.
- Steven Stamkos, who leads the NHL with 44 goals, has seven goals and seven assists over the past seven games.
- Tampa Bay traded former Ranger Matt Gilroy, top forward prospect Carter Ashton and a conditional seventh-round draft pick at the trade deadline and acquired 22-year-old defenseman Keith Aulie from Toronto, 24-year-old defenseman Brian Lee from Ottawa and veteran blue liner Mike Commodore from Detroit.
- Teddy Purcell has four goals and 10 assists during a seven game point streak.
- Martin St. Louis has 6g, 3a in the last seven games.
- Vinny Lecavalier (hand) suffered a non-displaced fracture in his right hand on Feb. 18 and is out indefinitely.
- Victor Hedman (upper body) did not play the third period against Pittsburgh on Feb. 25 and is considered day-to-day.
2011-12 Season Series:
Dec. 3 Rangers 4, Lightning 2 at Tampa
Dec. 8 Rangers 2, Lightning 3 (SO) at MSG
Feb. 9 Rangers 4, Lightning 3 (OT) at MSG
March 2 Rangers vs. Lightning at Tampa
Lightning Hockey Blog
From Ranger Rants:
Needless to say, coach John Tortorella is still furious and he had no problems letting that show to the media this afternoon. Tortorella, in fact, basically said he wished he could have scratched Dubinsky tonight. He said benching Dubinsky last night was both to send a message to Dubinsky and because he thought he had a better chance of winning the game without Dubinsky’s presence.
“I thought it was, quite honestly, just a ridiculous penalty, at a time of the season, when you’ve got 20 games left that we need to be working on other things as far as details than that nonsense,” Tortorella said. “And, quite honestly, if other people were healthy tonight he wouldn’t be playing tonight. As much as I like this kid and as much as I think he can do some good things for us, we need to start seeing it now. Not that bull(^*#@!), but play and try and help us.”
@TheNYRBlog i should put a mention on my lines report that i would not be surprised to see dubie on the 4th tonight
@TheNYRBlog lets say...Rupp on the 3rd??? btw i even attach the player's nhl page link to his name http://t.co/4yqaPGPp