A couple of things to get you going on the new system...
- It is a beta system right now, so it is not final and will only get better.
- You can set your avatar on the Livefyre page. Also, make sure you turn comment notifications off. Or your email will get blasted.
- You can sign in with your Facebook or Twitter account. I recommend you register via LiveFyre. Anyone with a Bloguin user name and password integration is coming, but you may just want to register a new name with LiveFyre if you don't want to wait.
- All old comments will not be lost. They aren't visible at the moment, but they will be imported into the new system soon.
- The system is in real-time. Meaning no refreshing to see new comments. This will come in real handy as I start to get game night threads going again.
- Old comments are now at the bottom, and new comments are now at the top. I may have an option to switch this, so I'll see what I like better.
- Flickr, Twitpic, tinypic, and imgur are the supported images, meaning you just copy and paste the URL into the comment box and the image shows up as a thumbnail.
- For videos, YouTube and Vimeo work. Just paste the URL, and it works.
- You can now respond directly to someone's comment starting a brand new thread.
- Right now on the main page it will just say "Add a comment" without indicating how many comments have been posted. I'm trying to see if I can get that changed so you can see if a new comment has been posted since the last time you visited the blog.
We have such a great community here at The New York Rangers Blog. Hopefully this new commenting system will make us even closer. Let me know what you think.