Andrew Gross at Ranger Rants has numerous pre-game quotes from Marc Staal, Derek Stepan, Wojtek Wolski and John Tortorella.
The New York Rangers (25-15-3) host the Montreal Canadiens (23-16-3) at MSG tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
Rangers Game Notes
TV: MSG; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM207
Henrik Lundqvist - 18-12-3, 2.33 gaa, .923 sv%, 5 so.
Carey Price - 21-14-3, 2.31 gaa, .921 sv%, 4 so
- Montreal has lost six of the last eight match-ups vs. the Rangers at MSG.
- The Canadiens are losers of nine of 12 on the road.
- Montreal is 3-0-1 in its last four overall.
- Captain Brian Gionta leads the Canadiens with 15 goals, scoring three in his last four games.
- D James Wisniewski has two goals and four assists in five games since being acquired in a trade with the New York Islanders on Dec. 28.
- D Andrei Markov is out for the season after suffering a knee injury on Nov. 13 when he had knee-to-knee contact with Carolina's Eric Staal.
- Michael Cammalleri did not make the trip to New York because of flu-like symptoms.
- Former Ranger Scott Gomz has 6g, 16a and is a -8 in 40 games this season.
2010-11 Season Series:
Jan. 11 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Jan. 15 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
Feb. 5 Rangers vs. Canadiens at Montreal
March 18 Rangers vs. Canadiens at MSG
Four Habs Fans
...ok with the new comment section displaying real time comments (similar to IM) I thought I'd start the open game night thread again. So jump in and start commenting. It should be a lot of fun. I might even make an appearance.
Got to bail to give my daughter a bath. I'll be back later. In the meanwhile keep the conversation going.
Lundqvist with ANOTHER assist? Priceless. Three-game point-scoring streak for him, so lately he's scoring more than Gaborik, isn't he...
Here's Staal. Both videos courtesy of Jesse Spector at Daily News:
@ChrisP Not sure how they miss the obvious slewfoot on Subban, but Hank can't let that second goal get through.
@cb1 No idea.
@KevinDeLury why doesnt boyle get a chance? good hands, big body in front?
@cb1 Torts is trying anything now.
@Koz13 Yeah it was.
@Koz13 old time hockey!
@cb1 Too soon to really assess, but he seems to have some chemistry with Gabby.
@cb1 No doubt. In Sather we trust. Wait? What did I just say?
@Murray_Murdoch No issues on my end. But as I've said this is a Beta version of the system so there are some bugs.
@KevinDeLury I'd be more upset if it wasn't so hilarious
@Random_Ranger Sad but true.
@Murray_Murdoch I think they got rid of it this year.
@Murray_Murdoch What up Murray. What's your prediction for score tonight?
@cb1 Totally agree.
@KevinDeLury i like the darker color, and the lettering on the back is nice; much easier to read