Here's Torts' pre game presser courtesy of Jesse Spector at the Blueshirts Blog...
Also don't forget about the post game live chat at 10pm tonight.
The New York Rangers (29-20-4) host the New Jersey Devils (17-30-3) at MSG tonight starting at 7:00 p.m. For a preview go to Yahoo! Sports.
Rangers Game Notes
TV: MSG; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM207
Henrik Lundqvist - 21-16-4, 2.31 gaa, .923 sv%, 7 so.
Martin Brodeur - 11-19-2, 2.79 gaa, .895 sv%, 4 so
- The Devils have lost four straight to the Rangers including all three meetings season.
- The Devils are 7-1-1 in their last nine games.
- Martin Brodeur is 6-1-1 with a 1.99 goals-against average in his last eight games and has a 1.99 GAA and a shutout in his last 10 visits to MSG, but just a 2-6-2 record to show for it.
- Ilya Kovalchuk has seven points (4g, 3a) in his last eight games.
- Patrik Elias has a six-game points streak, with three goals and four assists in those six games. He has 13 points in the last 12 games.
- Brian Rolston, who was placed on waivers a few weeks ago, has 12 of his 17 points on the season in the last nine games.
- The Devils are 4-for-38 on the power play in the last 13 games.
- Since being recalled from the AHL, RW Nick Palmieri has four goals in his last six games.
- Zach Parise (knee surgery) won't skate until March and could be gone for the year, while D Bryce Salvador (concussion) hasn't played this season.
2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 24 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at MSG
Nov. 5 Rangers 3, Devils 0 at New Jersey
Dec. 29 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Feb. 3 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
April 9 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Running With The Devils
1 crossbar and 1 post from winning this game. but Rangers didn't show up for 2 periods and didn't deserve to win. good to see Avery come back in the final minutes of the game. man, it's nice to have prospal back. girardi and staal had too many mistakes tonite for top D pair.
i want Eminger back in. D is not physical enough without him.
Yeh I think Eminger needs to be reinserted. del zotto looks slow and easy to skate against in the d zone, and continues to make bad O decisions
@Cyruss Devils are back to playing Lemaire's boring system. They're coming in with a 7-1 record. Rangers have to work harder to get more pucks on Marty. The only embarrasing thing is the power play. Staal doesn't look right tonight. He's playing upright and tentative.
Kovalchuk's goal looks like it went off Sauer's shin pad. So many deflections lately! Hank's luck has gotta change soon.
@KevinDeLury Oh, and also he made a few wince-worthy offense gaffs. I'm okay with mediocre defense if he's lighting it up, but he's not. Emenger's solid on D, and he is not afraid to go deep if the opportunity presents itself. He doesn't have a booming shot, but MDZ can't hit the net lately. I think I'd rather have Em at this point.
@KevinDeLury Agreed, and unfortunately MDZ'a presence was also glaring. Not awful, but he seems pretty easy to skate against compared to Eminger.
@DO Surprised Torts scratched Eminger again, he absense was glaring against the Pens.
I hope wolski gets off the 4th line early and back with boyle and prust. They played so well together last game.
I hope Torts can settle down with the lines as we roll into the playoffs (hopefully!!). It would be nive to see this group really start to gel. I think that is why offense has dropped off since the injuries started.
Dubi AA Cally line was unstoppable before the injuries. I'm sure Torts is hoping to re-ignite some of that magic. That leaves nobody to center Prospal and Gabs. I suppose you could do Avery/Prospal/Gabs, that would leave Wolski/Boyle/Prust, which just seems weird, but maybe.
I have to agree with you on that. I would say we really dont have 4th line though because all the lines are very balanced. A line of Avery-Drury-Wolski has potential to score.
I really liked watching Zucca-Stepan-Wolsk wish they would put them together because they played well. I think Cally would be a great fit with Boyle and Prust because he plays a very similar style. I really thought Dubi would be with Gabby and Prospal centering.
Well all I can state is my opinion lol.