Rangers Game Notes
TV: MSG; Radio: 1050AM ESPN Radio, XM205
Henrik Lundqvist - 23-18-4, 2.39 gaa, .920 sv%, 7 so.
Johan Hedberg - 10-10-2, 2.63 gaa, .905 sv%, 1 so
- The Devils have won five straight and are 13-1-2 in their last 16 games.
- Ilya Kovalchuk has an eight game scoring streak (6g, 4a).
- Johan Hedberg is undefeated with a 1.46 goals-against average in four starts since Martin Brodeur injured his knee on Feb. 6. Hedberg is 11-5-2 with a 2.17 lifetime GAA versus the Rangers.
- New Jersey has allowed 30 goals, 1.88 per game, during their 16-game run.
- Travis Zajac has two goals and six assists in the last eight games.
- Brian Rolston, who has twice been put on waivers by the Devils this season, has 16 points (7g 9a) in the last 16 games.
- Patrik Elias has a three-game points streak, with a goal and three assists.
- D Anton Volchenkov will return to the Devils lineup tonight after serving a three game suspension.
- Zach Parise (knee surgery) won't skate until March and could be gone for the season.
- Martin Brodeur (knee) was actived today but will serve as Hedberg's backup tonight.
2010-11 Season Series:
Oct. 24 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at MSG
Nov. 5 Rangers 3, Devils 0 at New Jersey
Dec. 29 Rangers 3, Devils 1 at New Jersey
Feb. 3 Rangers 2, Devils 3 at MSG
Feb. 18 Rangers vs. Devils at New Jersey
April 9 Rangers vs. Devils at MSG
Running With The Devils
Newbury has not shown me anything that would make me want him in over Christensen. I don't like Christensen's game much at all, but he can score in the shootout.
That's how bad it is.
Newbury tries too hard, to impress, tries to show how tough he is, takes a dumb penalty, then Torts sits him (and he is right, in this case). Seen it before. Don't need Newbury right now.
KCinMN98 - kicking the puck around the boards is what they get applauded for. 'The Rangers are gritty' or 'The Rangers are great on the boards'.
Most of the time, the other team is just yawning and letting NYR go on their cycling frenzy and never turn it into a shot on net, powerplay or even strength.
Then, the puck is turned over and the other team breaks out.
The Rangers don't have a clue about creating real scoring chances. To be honest, after 40 years of being a rabid Rangers fan, I really do believe that 'hockey is different here'.
wow, only 15 SOG...Aves with prob 1/3 of the SOG and he's only a 4th line agitator (according to Torts). no one was able to win puck battles or beat a dman along the boards. Staal looked really off tonite. woulda liked to see him get less ice time tonite. team needs to dig deep to find a way to win games. really like McD and Sauer.